The first forum of the Economic Forum for Sustainable Development was held in Cairo during the period from the first to the third of April of this year, with the participation and attendance of members of the forum and a selection of knowledge and intellectual stature.
Where the sequence of sessions was initiated according to the program and specific vocabulary and participants rotated interventions and specialized deliberation sessions and discuss the economic potential in Yemen in the current circumstances, and after the war is over, and the system of challenges, opportunities, solutions and roadmap necessary accompanied the specialized teams, where these four visuals were circulated, The discussions started from the objective facts that represent promising precursors of sustainable development in Yemen, including:
Spatial geography of Yemen and its multiple natural formats and the extension of its coasts up to 2500 km, and the many islands located in its territorial waters of 300 islands.
Demographic depth, youthfulness and horizontal professional capabilities, all of which represent advantages on the path to development, The presence of the Yemeni Diaspora and the resulting practical and scientific experiences and financial and investment reserves, The decentralized choice of the next federal state, which is commensurate with the objectivity and algebra of decentralization in various aspects of contemporary life, To believe that the regularity of the concepts of special interest and the relationship with the other is based on partnership and mutual benefit.
Reconsidering the traditional stereotype of the relationship between the public and private sectors and its modern conceptual consolidation of the leading role of the private sector in development.
The historical work culture in Yemen and its unique relationship with sustainable development
Based on these introductions and extensive discussions, the Forum made the following recommendations:
– Develop a basic reconstruction strategy for sustainable development as a practical road map for the future, taking into account field shifts and internal, regional and international developments
– Work to establish a national contribution fund in accordance with the best practices in this field and in consultation with the relevant authorities
– Practical and investment focus on alternative economy in the fields of energy, construction, services, distance education and other aspects available in parallel with the world of technology
The contribution of the Yemeni and Arab private sectors in achieving the development vision of Yemen
– Special attention to the service economy in Yemen in line with the unique geological structure and the widening spatial link with the Arab and African neighborhoods, with a focus on the liberalization and development of land, sea and air transport systems.
– Practical and accelerated development of the maritime economy in parallel with the Yemeni coast extending far from the military seam zones.
– Formation of a committee to follow up the available statistical databases on reconstruction and investment and towards their development, taking into account the experiences of international institutions in this regard, especially German ones.
– Launching of a digital educational platform for the dissemination of academic knowledge about the Yemeni economy from epistemological lines related to economic sciences.
– Launching economic training programs through Arab and international bodies, companies and institutions
– Initiate the practical preparation for an investment conference on Yemen under the name (Hope) in coordination with the Arab Federation of Chambers of Commerce and secure the participation and support of sponsors
– Preparation for the second forum during the coming period and to discuss a specialized title related to sustainable development in Yemen and we suggest that the next title (opportunities for the dissemination and diffusion of alternative economy in Yemen) and to include the following vocabulary:
– Alternative energy (sun / wind / heat / motion)
– Homes for people with limited income
– Customized printing for publishing newspapers, magazines and books
– Television and alternative radio over the Internet and satellites available to regular subscribers later
– Alternative transportation (all kinds of electrical means)
– Alternative agriculture (aerobic farming / marine aquaculture …)
Mining and natural resources are investment and development opportunities
– Empowering women in the sector of investment and entrepreneurship
– Investment in mining and oil
The Economic Forum for Sustainable Development concluded with the signing of a cooperation agreement with the Council of Economic Unity of the League of Arab States.